Clean Water Begins With You!
Storm water is not treated prior to discharge and flows directly into our wetlands, rivers and the Chesapeake Bay.
Five Things You Can Do to Prevent Storm Water Runoff Pollution
1) Never dump anything down storm drains or into waterways.
2) Use fertilizers sparingly in the fall and sweep up excess fertilizer from driveways, sidewalks and gutters.
3) Use native plants in your yard and vegetate bare spots.
4) Direct downspouts away from paved surfaces; consider a rain garden or rain barrel to capture runoff
5) Pick up after your pets. Remember to scoop the poop!